9.14.2009

Just A Little Closer

Yesterday, three bald-faced hornets were working along a wound in the side of an oak tree. Even though the light was bad, I figured I might be able to get in close enough to get a decent picture. After taking several pictures that were close, but not close enough, I leaned in just a little bit more...

Posted by Picasa

This is what a running close-up looks like ;)

If you look at the bottom center of the photo, just to the left of the dark smear, you can almost make out the hornet. Sadly, none of the pictures came out well...but happily, I came out without getting stung!

4 comments:

woverman said...

That's a cool picture! Glad you made it out without getting stung. OUCH!

swamp4me said...

woverman,
It's sad that that was the most interesting picture of the bunch! You would be amazed at how fast your old teacher can move when she feels threatened ;) Of course, I expect you would have been laughing at me the whole time...

Ellen Rathbone said...

It's not a bad photo; it's art!

woverman said...

Nah... no laughing! I would have been running too!

Now if I was in an enclosed area where I couldn't get stung... then laughing might be a possibility! :-P