2.27.2005

Another Blogger Told Me To

As I was cruising through the blogs that I read regularly, I ran across these instructions posted on ~Butterfly Wings~ :

Instructions:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

I followed the instructions faithfully, so here goes...

"The latest is November 27, when another was exposed under the loose bark of a rotten stump in Wake County. On February 2, a dead five-lined skink was found in a stump that also sheltered a hibernating southeastern five-lined skink (Moore County).
The food habits of this lizard in North Carolina have not been studied."
from Reptiles of North Carolina by William Palmer and Alvin Braswell


Guess it's no surprise that the book closest to hand here at the computer deals with wildlife. I have other interests, really I do, but I was trying to follow the instructions to the letter :)

2 comments:

Be said...

I happened upon your blog by hitting the random blog surfing thing at the top of our pages. What a loverly surprise! You have a wonderful site, and I hope you will keep things up. (Also, thanks for linking to Butterfly Wings, too - hers is another one I'd like to read more in depth.)

Anyway, if you'd like to see my "another blogger told me to" entry, it'll be at:

http://www.bebere.com

Best wishes to you!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Mine was a phone book. I'll spare you the sordid details. Let's just say it was similar names, but different addresses, if you get my meaning.

Uh huh.