One of several "Its" actually. Nina over at Nature Remains tagged me for the Seven Random Facts Meme. I'm not planning on tagging anyone but if you'd like to tell the world seven things about yourself, go for it! The rules are simple:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Well, here goes. My seven random facts --
1. With the exception of my aunt, I have never personally met another person with my same first name (and no, my real name isn't "Swampy").
2. When I was a child I wanted to grow up to be both Daniel Boone and a June Taylor Dancer on the Jackie Gleason show. Instead I grew up to be, among other things, a librarian, a science teacher, and finally a park ranger. Go figure.
3. In college I participated in a study conducted by a psych grad student. She was studying the responses of the brains of right-handed people to the written word and pictures. According to her, I should be left-handed instead of right-handed -- my left hand disagrees :)
4. I eat my salad without dressing. It is a shame to cover the delicate flavor of vegetables with various oils and fats.
5. Shoes should tie. I don't like slides, clogs, sandals, or flip-flops. And don't get me started on high heels!! They should be illegal.
6. I very seldom ever drink soft drinks, but when I do I drink Pepsi and it always gives me the hiccups.
7. In February, when I turn 50, I am going to get a tattoo - but you will never see it ;)
There you are. Seven totally random facts about me. Now, who else wants to play?