1.17.2009

Collared

 
Posted by Picasa


Weasel is the last of the Triplicats to get "fixed." She will be in her lovely E-collar for a few days to be sure that she doesn't pull out her stitches. The other cats are hissing and fussing - they seem to be a little bit afraid of her - but she seems to be taking it all in stride.

Of course, I'm giving her loads of extra attention and pampering to help compensate for the humiliation of her having to wear a cone on her head. And seriously, Treebeard and I try not to laugh when she attempts to back out of the collar...but we're only human and she does look funny ;)

7 comments:

Dani said...

Those cones crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the Elizabethan collar. Be very careful to not crack a smile, not even the tiniest one, not even though you are moved to fits of mirth. We had a cat that had to have one and we couldn't help ourselves - we laughed our guts out everytime she bobbled into the room.

She hated us for the rest of her life. I mean, she really hated us.

swamp4me said...

dani,
They look so pitiful in them -- you just have to laugh.

wayne,
We're trying, but it's soooo hard. I can take everything but the trying to back out of it. Oh, and the running into walls, oh, oh, and the scooping up litter in it, and the...

Anonymous said...

Swampy - and the eating. Can anything beat the funnelface into the food bowl? Oh I'm so awful for suggesting these things.

swamp4me said...

Oh yes, the eating. The lick, lick, lick to try to get the little piece of kibble just under one's chin. Oh and the head bump!

Anonymous said...

Swampy- This pic brings back memories of Travis' time in the cone. I called him my walking satelitte dish. Of course I got lots of baleful stares.
Maineiac

swamp4me said...

Maineiac,
She's doing pretty well with it -- much better than Friday did. Weasel has the art of pitiful down and has received much lap time since she has been coned.