1.17.2009

This Morning's Walk

Posted by Picasa

click on the collage to get a closer look at individual pictures

It was 7 degrees F this morning when we woke up. A couple hours later it had warmed to near 20 so we decided to walk down to the pond to see what was stirring.

The critters in the collage are a nutria (grrr), a hermit thrush, and one crazy great blue heron. The heron was in full sun, way across the pond, standing on one long leg. Made me cold just to look at him!

As for the bird dropping...I had to add it in because it had frozen bubbles in it. You just can't pass up frozen bubbles!

The freaky frost is included because we don't often see that around here. Same goes for the other icy pix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know he's not a dog -- more of an entree, but he's what Libby wanted.

swamp4me said...

Pablo,
I guess all that really matters is that he is loved (even if he isn't a real dog).