8.07.2005

Camera, Camera, Camera

The search continues, but I have narrowed it down to a few possibilities:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 is in the lead, followed closely by Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 and the Olympus C7000.

I am an Olympus girl at heart and just found a place to buy another Olympus C5000 identical to the one I (or should I say MR. SWAMP) am (is) currently using. [Note to self: do not teach spousal unit how to operate any more electronic toys...]

Ah, the trials and tribulations of camera selection.

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, all things being equal, I'd like an Olympus too. But 12x optical zoom? Wow! Seems like a pretty decent review too

Crowe said...

My little Olympus Camedia has been a great camera though at 4 years old it's rather dated and the autofocus has gone all shonky. I love my new Canon EOS350D though I've got no idea yet how to use most of the settings, but it's an SLR so not convenient or sturdy enough for swamp life. If I were to get another compact camera, I'd go for whatever the latest Olympus is.

swamp4me said...

Olympus usually is my brand of choice. I have an Olympus digital voice recorder, a pair of Olympus binoculars, an Olympus Stylus Zoom film camera and, of course, my beloved Camedia. But, I think after all is said and done I am going to go with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5. It's not going to be as light and portable as another Olympus, but after considerable review of features I think it will be my best choice - particularly with that 12x optical zoom.
I will let you know how I like it -- and hopefully I will not suffer too much buyer's remorse ;)

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Does it have glass lenses?

Keith "Nurse Keith" Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC said...

Can it change the oil or do the dishes?

swamp4me said...

Bloggy, it has a Leica lens.

Keith, I will love it forever if it does the dishes!!