8.27.2005

So Easily Distracted

Okay, I confess, the house is only marginally cleaner than it was this morning. A couple of floors have been mopped, some laundry has been done, the cat litter has been changed, and the snake cages are clean...sadly, only a tiny drop in the ocean of housework that needs to be done...

But how can one be expected to clean house when there are interesting things to see just outside the kitchen window? And Mr. Swamp and I don't really care if the house is clean...



Early evening in the yard. A hispid cotton rat (Sigmodon hispidus) busy cleaning up the sunflower seeds the birds dropped during the day. I like cotton rats. They're cute. (I do not have such a warm and fuzzy feeling for Norway or Black Rats -- they enter the yard at their own risk.)

3 comments:

R.Powers said...

This guy is cute. Kind of a guinea pig/rabbity air about him.

swamp4me said...

Kel, it'd have to be a gerbil on steroids :) Cotton rats are about three times bigger than a gerbil.

chaindropz said...

Very nice Rat Picture. Your picture is better. I posted my Rat picture because they look alike. Mine is a little darker.