8.14.2005

My New Camera

I don't have time today to do a proper post, but I thought I would show you a few pictures taken this morning with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5. All were shots taken by hand without the benefit of a tripod. Three of the photos were shot using the macro feature, the fourth was taken on the program setting with the camera zoomed to 12x. The clarity of the last shot was much better than what a 12x digital zoom would have provided.

I'll be back later in the week to either praise or curse the camera, depending on how things go :-)


The featured critters, from top to bottom:

Bald-faced Hornet, Dolichovespula maculata
Slaty Skimmer, Libellula incesta
Banded Tussock Moth, Halysidota tessellaris
Eastern Comma, Polygonia comma

4 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Yeah! New gadget! So far so good if you ask me.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I forgot to ask and I can't remember if you said - does the new one have glass lenses?

Anvilcloud said...

I like it. Seems to be just about everything that you would want.

Rurality said...

Everybody's giving me camera envy nowdays! :)