4.01.2005

Are You Feelin' Froggy?

Green treefrog (Hyla cinerea) Posted by Hello


Did you know that April is National Frog Month? (And no, I'm not trying to pull an April Fool's joke on you.)

You can do your part to help monitor the nation's frog and toad populations by becoming an active volunteer Frogwatcher. It only takes a little of your time and sign-up is easy at the Frogwatch homepage
(I don't know if Canada has such a program. As a matter of fact, I am not all that familiar with what species of frogs and toads there are in Canada, but I would be interested in learning.)

The picture above was taken last fall. I normally post pictures within a few days of taking them, but this is one of my favorites. As soon as I took this shot, the little guy jumped onto my hand. I guess he wanted his close-up!

4 comments:

Happy and Blue 2 said...

The only "frogs" I know anything about in Canada are the French Canadians, tee,hee..
I shall have to check on the real frogs we have..

swamp4me said...

I'm not up on my Canadian etiquette. Is it PC if I chuckle? If not, I never did.

Crystal* said...

Heaven. I'm in Heaven. Lalalalalalala

Man, I love frogs. And this little sucker is CUTE! He has that posing thing down.
Yes, Mr. Frog. Look over your shoulder now. Blase. As if you own the rock. *laughing*
This definitely ranks up there with my favorite of your pictures.
Grins*

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

It's not easy, being green. Trust me, don't ask.