4.02.2005

Northern Cricket Frog (Acris crepitans) Found this diminutive fellow on our walk this morning. It enjoyed the warmth of my finger for a moment before making its leap to freedom. As adults, these frogs range in size from 0.5 to 1.5 inches (16 to 35 mm) Posted by Hello


(Remember, April is National Frog Month. Go outside, especially in the evening, and listen to find out what species are singing in your neighborhood. The Frogwatch USA homepage has links to frog sounds to help you make an ID.)

3 comments:

Crystal* said...

OMG! He is so tiny! Oh man. I love the frog pictures. :)
Grins*

swamp4me said...

I'm sure you'll see many a frog picture as the weather warms. I am trying to post them as the individual species become active.

Rurality said...

I want to do the frogwatch but keep having trouble with their site lately. :(